Thursday, October 2, 2008

No Title Today




In the past few weeks I've helped a cousin move into his new place, bought a Samsung flat-screen, and experienced all that is Cabela's. And now it's back to business. During those two weeks I didn't exercise once, nor did I eat clean. I felt pretty disgusting after I got home last week. Some of the words I would use to describe the feeling are: sluggish, fatigued, sloth-like, apathetic, and torpid. (All of these words can be found in The New American Roget's Thesaurus)


This week has gone by much healthier. I started out by running with Stephanie, who thankfully invites me for her long runs. We ran 15.03 miles, and I really felt the last .03. I felt bad, just as it felt like we were almost finished, Stephanie asked, "how far have we been?" I looked at the GPS and mistakenly said "14.69", or somewhere close to that. What the GPS really read was 13.69. But we trudged onward around the block for the last mile. Sorry Stephanie!


What else is new...


Oh yes, I've applied for a part time job at The City. They are no longer Circuit City, just The City. This is my attempt to save a little extra before leaving in March. I'm hoping they will give me a job and not turn me away. Everywhere else I've applied with has denied my application because I'm leaving in 5 months. I don't really blame them though. Who wants to go through the process of hiring someone, who's just going to vanish in a couple months? I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


1 comment:

Steph said...

That was fun last week, Jeff, and it was fun again today! Thanks for running with me. It's so cool to see our whole route mapped out like that. I found one last packet of hot chocolate mix in the pantry and just drank it--amazing how well it works. I hope you enjoy your chipotle!