Thursday, September 11, 2008

Project Better Place



Today my dad and I were talking about the price of oil and how it's had an affect on the global economy. We both talked about the situation between Russia and Georgia. And how the two presidential candidates also seem to have a solution for this shortage. But my dad mentioned that a solution might already be on the way. He said Robert Kennedy jr. was involved with project in Israel who planned to be oil free in about 3 years.


So being the curious person I am I did a little digging and found Project Better Place. It's an Israel funded project contracted with Nissan autos. With Better Place, Israel plans to be petroleum free by 2010! How awesome is that? PBP, who has raised $200 million, will provide electric recharge grids while Nissan autos provides the electric vehicles. Together they are creating a gasoline free country. They will generate renewable energy from wind and solar sources.


It's also been mentioned that the states of Hawaii and San Francisco are taking part in this 'breath easy' project.


My only question is: will Nissan produce electric 18 wheelers?

No comments: