Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Victoria, My Niece


So lately I've been working mornings at the complex, and this has given me a new opportunity in the eyes of my sister. Why not babysit in the afternoons? This is the way it's been the last few weeks; work in the morning and baby at night! woohoo! Victoria and I have spent some quality time together and I think I'm getting the hang of this baby care thing. We went for a walk the other day, just around the block. We saw lots of ''tees'' and ''dogeeees'' around the neighborhood.

Favorite activities:
Opening low kitchen cabinets
Playing with curious george
Moving dinning chairs
Trying to get uncle to chase her
Playing puppets
Going outside
Dance to "Head, shoulder, knees and toes"

Favorite things:
Strawberries
Curious George
Dogs
cats
computer mouse
music
keys
laptops
cell phones

Favorite Words:
"Uppee" - combination of the words: up and please
"Ja-jou" - Pacifier: we have no idea
"Crak-kuh" - Cracker
"our-ide" - Outside
"Hux!" - the sound you make when you're started, kind of an inhale. She does this when she sees something new or exciting.
"Eet" - Eat

She's a sponge: It's a common past time Victoria to imitate animal sounds. We always play this game where we ask her, "What does a cow say?" or "What does a duck say?". Well as a joke, I always imitate a turkey when we see them in the front yard. Yesterday, for fun, I asked Victoria, "What does a Turkey say?" and she mimicked my tongue rolling turkey gobble.
I couldn't have been any prouder. I taught my niece how to call Turkeys.

No comments: